Your search results

The New Broadview Hotel

Posted by crg747 on April 21, 2015
| News
| 0

Built in 1893, for soap magnate, Archibald Dingman, The New Broadview Hotel with its Romanesque Revival style was designed by Robert Ogilvie as a commercial hub and public hall. Known as Dingman’s Hall, the grand building featured the Canadian Bank of Commerce on the main floor, doctor and lawyer offices on the middle floors and on the top floor, two public halls for concerts and assemblies. In 1906, Dingman’s Hall was sold and converted to The Broadview Hotel. Over time, this once magnificent building changed hands again in 1986 and eventually took shape as a 55 room boarding house that rented rooms daily or weekly, with, the rough around the edges, Jilly’s occupying the main floor.

What excites Core Realty Group most is that Streetcar have consulted with Christina Zeidler, President of The Gladstone Hotel, about their plans. Zeidler is known for operating The Gladstone as a social and cultural incubator that promotes Toronto’s creative community. This is a tremendously promising sign of the Streetcar’s direction with The New Broadview Hotel and its significance to Riverside. We’ll be keeping an eye on this project.

  • Property Search


    Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.